Region 2: St. Catherine & Clarendon
The parishes have a combined population of approximately 764,667 (STATIN: 2012). There are 18 church assemblies, inclusive of 7 daughter works with combined a membership of 1,376.
ASSEMBLIES AND LEADERSHIP
|Bethlehem Tabernacle||Salem District, James Hill P.O.||James Smith|
|Cassava River UPC||Glengoffe P.O.||Roy Wynter|
|Christ Tabernacle||Rosewell Road,Sandy Bay||Basil Taylor|
|Evangelical Tabernacle||Bog Walk Main Road,Bog Walk P.O.||Leroy Laing|
|Faith Pentecostal Tabernacle||Portmore Villas, Gregory Park P.O.||Leroy Laing|
|Faith Sanctuary UPC||37 Gerbera Road, Braeton,Portmore||Luke York|
|Glory Tabernacle||Greater Portmore Learning Centre, Belmont Park, 6 West,Great||Windell Rankine|
|Grace and Truth Tabernacle||August Town Road, Glengoffe P.O.||Fernleigh Williams|
|Grace Tabernacle||Sharper Lane, Church Pen, Old Harbour P.O.||Steve Moncrieffe|
|Jambos Pond UPC||Jambos Pond District||Lynval Simon|
|Kitson Town UPC||Kitson Town Main Road ,Kitson Town P.O.||Leroy Laing|
|Life Tabernacle||Hayes Main Road, Hayes P.O. Clarendon||Linton Llewellyn|
|Little Bethlehem UPC||Watermount District,Watermount P.A.||David Brown|
|Long Hill UPC||Mt. Industry District,Long Hill||Lynval Simon|
|Miracle Tabernacle||Brown?s Hall District,Brown?s Hall P.A.||Harold Williams|
|Pentecostal Cathedral||One Mile, Caanan Heights ,May Pen||Robert Ellis|
|Pentecostal Lighthouse||58 Nugent Street, Spanish Town,||Leroy Laing|
|Pentecostal Tabernacle of Hellshire||3A Orchid Way, Hellshire,Hellshire P.A.||Clebert Russell|
|Prayer Tabernacle||Golden River District||Lynval Simon|
|Royal Tabernacle||17 Gyles Avenue, Linstead P.O.||Eric Taylor|
|Sligoville UPC||Sligoville Main Road,Sligoville||Lynval Simon|
|Truth Tabernacle||1767 Cumberland Blvd., Cumberland,Gregory Park P.A.||Windell Rankine|
|Vision Tabernacle||Mason River, Kellits P.O.||Linton McKay|
|Way, Truth & Life Tabernacle||Benbow P.A.||Leroy Laing|
|Prayer Tabernacle||Golden River District, St. Catherine||Lynval Simon/Aaron Black|
|Jambos Pond UPC||Jambos Pond District, St. Catherine||Lynval Simon|
|Long Hill UPC||Mt. Industry District, St. Catherine||Lynval Simon|
|Sligoville UPC||Sligoville Main Road, St. Catherine||L. Simon/Delroy Robinson|
|Faith Pentecostal Tabernacle||Gregory Park, St. Catherine||Leroy Laing/Ossain Jones|
|Glory Tabernacle UPC||Belmont Park, St. Catherine||W. Rankine/Jason Thompson|
|King Street UPC||King Street, Spanish Town||L. Laing/Claude Manning|
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE PARISHES
Facts on St. Catherine
- It is bordered by St Andrew in the east, Clarendon in the west, and by St Mary and St Ann in the north.
- Located in the south eastern part of Jamaica, in the county of Middlesex.
- It is located in the county of Middlesex, and is one of the island’s largest and most economically valued parishes because of its many resources.
- Capital is Spanish Town, which is the first capital of Jamaica.
Facts on Clarendon
- It is located on the south of the island in the county of Middlesex.
- It is bordered by Manchester on the west, Saint Catherine in the east, and in the north by Saint Ann.
- It was formed from a combination of three parishes: St. Dorothy’s, Vere and the old parish of Clarendon. Before the merger, the capital was Chapelton.
- One of the original seven Anglican parishes of Jamaica set up by Sir Thomas Modyford in 1664.