Region 6: Hanover & Westmoreland
The parishes have a combined population of approximately 214,691 (STATIN: 2011 Population Census Report). There are nine assemblies, inclusive of two daughter works with combined a membership of 644.
ASSEMBLIES AND LEADERSHIP
|Exeter UPC||Exeter Main Road, Lamb's River P.O.||David O'Connor|
|Faith Chapel||Copse District ,Copse P.A.||Douglas DaCosta|
|Hopewell UPC||Bamboo Drive, Hopewell District ,Hopewell P.O.||Errol Hinds|
|Lighthouse UPC||Lamb's River District ,Lamb's River P.O.||Melvin Collins|
|Lucea UPC||Millers Drive, Lucea||Jerman Malcolm|
|New Life Tabernacle||Red Ground District, Negril P.O.||Lascelles Gordon|
|Straight Gate UPC||Bruce Hall,||Daphne Smith|
|Vision Chapel UPC||Burnt Savannah District, Burnt Savannah||Douglas DaCosta|
|Vision Chapel UPC||Burnt Savannah, Westmoreland||Douglas DaCosta|
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE PARISHES
Facts on Hanover
- Located on the northwestern tip of the island.
- Capital is Lucea
- County of Cornwall, bordered by St. James in the east, and Westmoreland in the south
- The smallest parish on the island and is the birth parish of The Right Excellent Sir Alexander Bustamante, one of Jamaica’s seven National Heroes, a labour leader and first head of government after universal suffrage.
Facts on Westmoreland
- Most western parish in Jamaica, located on the south side of the island.
- Situated to the south of Hanover, the southwest of Saint James, and the northwest of Saint Elizabeth, in the county of Cornwall.
- The chief town and capital is Savanna-la-Mar.